Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] Re: Revisions for Use Case feedback Document -Updated doc

Carl Mattocks wrote:

>Since the DAPD document contains descriptions of a design approach - I
>have updated the Use Case feedback document with -
>(i) Use Cases 11 [Semantic Query On RIM Model] & 12 [Semantic Query On RIM
>Contents]
>(ii) a Design Alternatives sub-section (Reason on Reg/Rep Content Objects
>(via RIM query interfaces; Reason on Reg/Rep Schema Directly (Tight
>Binding with OWL);Reason on Reg/Rep Schema Directly (Loose-Binding with
>OWL) )
>
>Please provide all comments and proposed changes direct to me - so the
>final version can be discussed on the conference call scheduled for July
>13.

Carl, thanks for the fabulous job of getting the document compiled and
edited.

A few high level comments on the document follow....

1. Story book format
----------------------------

Do we think we should rework the use cases to be in story form as
exemplified by the RDF DAWG Use Case document:

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-dawg-uc/

It more work but I am beginning to think it makes sense. The story form
will prevent too much technical jargon and tight coupling to specific
solutions or technologies. If we agree it is the right thing to do then
we will need to split up the use cases among us based on latest doc Carl
distributed and rewrite our assigned use cases and send them to Carl to
merge.

What do folks think? Lets decide this over email soon so we can make
progress before next meeting. Thanks.

2. OASIS Standard Format
-----------------------------------

I think the next version of the doc should be formatted per some
standard OASIS format. I will find out more on this.

3. Need Concise and Clear Use Case Description

I think that actual use case description (not counting metadata such as
actors etc.) need to be trimmed down to be no more than 10 lines of
text. I encourage everyone to read the RDF DAWG use case document to see
what I mean.

Thanks.

--
Regards,