Subject: Groups - E-Gov_center_Como.doc uploaded

The document E-Gov_center_Como.doc has been submitted by Peter Brown (peter@justbrown.net) to the OASIS e-Government TC document repository.

Document Description:
Attached is a document drafted by the Austrian government, proposing the creation of a "Virtual Center for eGovernment" in Europe. It should be considered as not for public circulation at this stage.

I have discussed this with two representatives of the government, both of whom are keen to see the idea develop initially as a registry of best practices and reference information sets: in particular I have discussed with them the idea of developing such a virtual center around a core ebXML registry, allowing federation with other administration registries across Europe or beyond.

The next stage in the initiative will be convincing the European Commission to come up with funding: I will be drawing up some initial business case ideas and will return to the list with these forthwith.

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov/download.php/8108/E-Gov_center_Como.doc

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov/document.php?document_id=8108