Subject: RE: [regrep-semantic] proposed 2005 activities]

Folks:

At the beginning of the last TC conf - Farrukh, myself and the TC chair
discussed next steps for the SC. We agreed it was now appropriate to focus
on item (2)'Create a Technical Note ' An ebXMLRegistry Extension Package
for .. ' commencing with OWL ontology.

Since the DAPD paper is now published  I hope we can also agree on a time
table for item (1)  'Using ebXMLRegistry V3 to register & store Web
Service & Semantic Web ..'.

After the end of July I will be able act as an editor on these items ...
can anyone else in the  SC community help out sometime 2005 ?

carl

<quote who="Jeff Pollock">
>> ..on the proposed activities. Minor comments inline below...
>>
>> Carl Mattocks wrote:
>>
>> >Dear SCM folk:
>> >
>> >Since we now have a solid foundation for V3 specifications - Farrukh
> and
>> >believe it is the right time to focus our efforts on the Semantic
> Content
>> >Management tasks for 2005.
>> >
>> >Please review this brief list of key activities and provide comments
> on
>> >the possibility of you being able to contribute the time & effort
>> required
>> >to achieve the proposed target dates.
>> >
>> >note : It is assumed that majority of SCMSC communications will be
> made
>> >via email with the possibility of * special * conference calls & F2F
meetings .

>> I do not see anything on finalizing and approving the SCM "Use Cases
> and
>> Requirements" document.
>> Should that not be the immediate next step? Asuman has offered to
> serve
>> as editor.
>>

>> >(1) Create a Technical Note 'Using ebXMLRegistry V3 to register &
> store
>> >Web Service & Semantic Web constructs' .
>> >

>> Suggest replacing "ebXMLRegistry V3" with "ebXML Registry 3.0"
> globally.
>>
>> Suggest title be:
>>
>> 'Using ebXML Registry 3.0 to Publish, Manage and Discover
>> Semantic Content'
>>

>> >Lead Editor Asuman Dogac.
>> >Target date March 31 2005.
>> >Start point referencing the  'METU-SRDC Comments on Use Cases :
>> >

>> Would the DAPD paper be a key starting point for above?
>>
>> >ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content Management SC'.
>> >
>> >(2)
>> >Create a Technical Note ' An ebXMLRegistry Extension Package for
> Ontology
>> >Registration for handling formal ontologies, reference models,
> thesauri
>> >and topic maps.
>> >Lead Editor Carl Mattocks
>> >Target date June 2005.
>> >Start point  'regrep-extensions-draft-04' ,  ' ISO /IEC Information
Technology Framework for MetaModel interoperability Part 3 Metamodel
> for
>> >Ontology Registration'
>> >

>> >(3)
>> >Create a White paper ' e-Business Value of Semantic Content
> Management'
>> >Lead Editor Carl Mattocks
>> >Target date March  2005.
>> >
>> >Proposed Outline
>> >Executive Summary
>> >History of e-business Context Management & semantic Web technology -
Ontologies ...
>> >- RDF ...
>> >- SKOS Thesauri Lexicons
>> >Summary of e-business Semantic Content Management needs
>> >- knowledge mediation
>> >- e-business interoperation
>> >Service requirements for e-Business Semantic Content Management -
Community of Practice Content Management

--
Carl Mattocks
co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC