Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] ebXML Registry Profile for OWL

Dear Colleagues,

I have uploaded a draft of the "ebXML Registry Profile for OWL"
to the SC site.

I look forward to receiving your comments and contributions.

Best regards,

Asuman

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Recall the proposal for creating an "ebXML Registry Profile for OWL"
> some time back as a normative spec deliverable from the SCM SC:
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-semantic/200506/msg00002.html
>
> Asuman, Carl and I discussed this proposal and feel that the time is
> right for us to start this
> profile specification  in earnest. Asuman, has kindly agreed to be the
> primary editor for the specification.
> Thanks Asuman! Please count on me on all issues and help in any way
> that you need.
>
> The tactics we propose is to leverage past work from the DAPD paper
> and recast the ideas into an ebXML Registry Profile template as
> exemplified by the draft
> "ebXML Registry Profile for Web Services":
>
> ebXML Registry Profile for Web Service (draft):
> <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14756/regrep-ws-profile-1.0-draft3.pdf>
> (pdf file)
> <http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/tmp/regrep-ws-profile-1.0.odt> (Open
> Office 2.0 source file)
>
> Here is a straw dog tactical modal. What if Asuman works through the
> first draft and raises any issues on the mailing list.
> We discuss any issues on email threads on the list. We can call a con
> call on an as-needed basis.
> One we have a first draft out we will likely start having regularly
> scheduled meetings to review the draft.
>
> Also, Carl in a conversation this morning suggested the developing of
> a non-normative tutorial document for managing OWL ontologies in an
> ebXML Registry with possibility of using his proposed "Ontology for IT
> Services Management" as a illustrative example. I am sure Carl will be
> sharing his thoughts on the tutorial in a different thread soon.
>
> To summarize, we are beginning to gear up on some exciting work in the
> SCM SC and we need SC members to get engaged in and contribute to
> these activities.
> Please share any thoughts or suggestions you may have on the proposed
> plan. Thank you.

Professor Asuman Dogac   email: asuman@srdc.metu.edu.tr
WWW: http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/~asuman/
Director                 Phone: +90 (312) 210 5598, or
Software R&D Center             +90 (312) 210 2076
Department of Computer Eng.       Fax: +90 (312) 210 1004
Middle East Technical University       +90 (312) 210 1259
06531 Ankara Turkey                    skype: adogac