Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] ebXML Registry Profile for OWL Draft 1: Farrukhs comments #1

Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>Here are my first set of comments on the "ebXML Registry Profile for
>OWL" version 1.0 Draft 1...

>The document is very well thought-out and written. The "OWL Overview"
>chapter is specially good as it conveys the key knowledge without
>assuming prior OWL or Ontology background. The document needs to specify
>Catloging/Validations/Discovery and other chapters similar to "ebXML
>Registry Profile for Web Services".

The OWL Overview chapter of the the Profile document seems to be mostly
excerpted from the OWL Overview [1] document that is part of the OWL specification.
Unless you have special permission to do this from W3C, this section will probably
have to be rewritten for the Profile.

I will review this document before the end of the month and send comments then.
Having not yet given this a thorough read, my initial concern is that the title
says it is an OWL profile but only OWL Lite is actually supported.  Unless there
are near-term plans to expand this support to one of the more expressive OWL
dialects, I suggest the title be changed to "ebXML Registry Profile for OWL Lite".

-Evan

Evan K. Wallace
NIST

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-features-20040210/#s2