Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] ebXML Registry Profile for OWL Draft 1: Farrukhs comments #1

A few other comments on Farrukh's comments:

>Line 187-189:
>
>"In OWL, properties can have
>multiple domains and multiple ranges. Multiple domain (range)
>expressions restrict the domain (range) of
>a property to the intersection of the class expressions."
>
>Suggest having a reference to domain/range definition for those that are
>not familiar with these terms.

I was actually surprised to see the above comment in this document as it is a
fairly esoteric point.  It may be important to how the Profile was implemented,
but if not, I would suggest removing it entirely.

>Line 522:
>
>regrep:AssociationType:Property =>  regrep:AssociationType:HasProperty
>
>This is more consistent with existing assoc types (+) but does not
>preserve the OWL element name exactly (-).
>If we do above change then we may want to suggest adding above to
>canonical AssociationType scheme as it is fairly generic.

I would strongly advise against this change.  Properties are first
class elements in RDFS and OWL. What is it that "has" the Property
above - an ontology?  If at all possible, please use the OWL, RDFS and
RDF terms verbatim.

>Line 613:
>
>"OWL-S Profile"
>
>=> Suggest using namespace prefix and have a table of all namespace
>prefixes somewhere in Intro to OWL chapter
>
>"owls:Profile"

References to OWL-S would not belong in an OWL chapter since OWL-S is not
part of the OWL language, but rather a source of OWL ontologies used in
examples in the Profile document.

-Evan