Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] ebXML Registry Profile for OWL Draft 1: Farrukhs

OK.

Thanks,

Asuman

> asuman wrote:
> > Dear Colleagues,
> >
> > These emails are very technical. So I will appreciate if we use
> > only the regrep-semantic@lists.oasis-open.org and
> > staff@srdc.metu.edu.tr threads.
> Just to clarify, Asuman meant to not copy the emails to the Dr.
> Frederix, Prof. Tokyay and Prof. Gumrah.
>
> I would go a step further and say that we should only copy SC list and
> its members. The list is open so any one
> can join who is on the staff@srdc.metu.edu.tr list. Sound ok?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Asuman
> >
> > ewallace@cme.nist.gov wrote:
> >
> >> A few other comments on Farrukh's comments:

> >> I was actually surprised to see the above comment in this document as
> >> it is a fairly esoteric point.  It may be important to how the
> >> Profile was implemented,
> >> but if not, I would suggest removing it entirely.

> >> I would strongly advise against this change.  Properties are first
> >> class elements in RDFS and OWL. What is it that "has" the Property
> >> above - an ontology?  If at all possible, please use the OWL, RDFS
> >> and RDF terms verbatim.

> >> References to OWL-S would not belong in an OWL chapter since OWL-S is
> >> not
> >> part of the OWL language, but rather a source of OWL ontologies used in
> >> examples in the Profile document.
> >>
> >> -Evan
> >>

> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh
>

> --Boundary_(ID_FE2rtzX5KOlXfV063oCDwQ)
>
> begin:vcard
> fn:Farrukh Najmi
> n:Najmi;Farrukh
> email;internet:farrukh.najmi@sun.com
> tel;work:781-442-9017
> url:http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/tmp/farrukhRacePointIcon.jpg
> version:2.1
> end:vcard
>

> --Boundary_(ID_FE2rtzX5KOlXfV063oCDwQ)--

Professor Asuman Dogac                  Internet: asuman@srdc.metu.edu.tr
Director                                Phone: +90 (312) 210 5598, or
Software R&D Center                            +90 (312) 210 2076
Department of Computer Eng.             Fax:   +90 (312) 210 1259
Middle East Technical University       WWW: http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/~asuman/
06531 Ankara Turkey