Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] regrep-owl-profile-1.0-draft 2

Farrukh wrote:
>>> Line 17:
>>>
>>> "This document defines the ebXML Registry profile for enhancing ebXML Registry with OWL
>>> semantics to make it OWL aware."
>>>
>>> => How about description below?
>>>
>>> "This document defines the ebXML Registry profile for publishing, management,
>>>discovery and reuse of OWL Ontologies"
>>>

>> In our opinion, this sentence may be misleading since we are mapping OWL ontologies
>> to ebXML; not storing them in their own syntax.
>>

>I guess this is a basic difference from what I had been assuming. Note
>that my assumption was based on past work we had done on defining use
>cases we envisioned being addressed by our work.

This is also what I thought SCM was about, but the Profile defines something
a bit different.  It's mapping loses information such as property restrictions.

>I was envisioning that ebXML Registry was being use to "publishing,
>management, discovery and reuse" of OWL Ontologies.
>A mapping from OWL to ebRIM would be defined which would be
>automatically enforced via the OWL (or OWL-S if you prefer) Cataloging
>Service defined by the Cataloging Profile chapter.

Me too (dropping the OWL-S comment).

I am still compiling my comments on the profile is it is described in the Jan 27
version.  My only serious concern with it so far, is in its handling of property
restrictions (or rather lack of handling).

-Evan