Subject: Regrep site update and ebxml report

I've refreshed the site, including details of the 3 Dec conf call
and Philadelphia meeting, and an updated tech spec.  I haven't made
all the changes decided at the last F2F, but most, and I've extracted
documentation from the DTDs and put it in

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/rrdtddoc.htm

Please have a look this week; I want to be able to put the whole
thing in public view for the benefit of the new ebxml regrep
committee.

For ebxml see ebxml.org; it's a collaboration between CEFACT,
the UN trade organ, and OASIS.  The regrep committee appears to
be one of the best staffed and clearest about its purpose; we
think that the OASIS repository will be used for the output
of ebxml, but must first exchange documents.  Many of the other
members of that committee (like some XML.org sponsors) want to
use UML as their base format, generating schemas and DTDs from
it, so they see the repository as containing XMI (I have dissed
XMI in the past, but apparently it's been improved, and I look
forward to reviewing XMI 1.1), and probably cached versions of
transforms from that XMI.

ebxml.org will be exchanging memberships with OASIS, so all the
committee members should be able (in due course) to see the
member's-only site; however, time is short and we need to start
evaluating existing proposals.

So IF YOU OBJECT TO THE PRESENT DRAFT DOCUMENTS being placed
in public view on Friday, please let the group know; if not
(and perhaps even if so, depending on your reasons) they'll
be made available from the public page at the end of the week.

best regards, Terry

Terry Allen
Advanced Technology Group
Commerce One, Inc.