Subject: 25 Feb Regrep conf call minutes

OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call
Friday 25 February 2000
Minutes

attending:

Nagwa Abdelghfour, Sun
Terry Allen, Commerce One
Lisa Carnahan, NIST
Duane Nickell, Goxml.com
Priscilla Walmsley, XMLSolutions
Yutaka Yoshida, Sun

 - discuss agenda, new items
 - XML.org update
 - NIST update
 - EBXML update
 - face-to-face in San Jose
 - new items
 - adjourn

Terry reported that XML.org hasn't moved as fast as expected
in getting organized formally, and that a delay of several weeks
should be anticipated in the XML.org registry and repository prototype.

Lisa said that NIST, in its project, had engaged in the effort of
mapping database elements to XML and found that it's not simple,
but that there isn't any loss of info in doing so; NIST has also
begun figuring out how to do the reverse.

Terry reported on EBXML, and pointed out that the EBXML-Regrep project
info is now up at ebxml.org, where a short description of the
difficulties connected with XMI 1.1 is available.  That WG is
working on use cases, which are also up, at

  http://objectrepository.norstanconsulting.com/projects/ebxml/reg-rep/

and

  http://objectrepository.norstanconsulting.com/

There were questions from all the implementors about the use of
Terry's revision of RFC 2483; Terry provided some short explanations
and we agreed that we need to discuss the topic in San Jose.  (So
it has become the first item on the agenda for that meeting - if
anyone else has suggestions, please send them to me.)

Terry reported that the ACTC hadn't yet reinitialized the Regrep TC,
and took an action item to ping Norbert about it [as a result,
the ACTC will try to meet in San Jose before the Regrep meeting].

Adjourned.

REMINDER:  San Jose, Hilton Hotel, Thurs 1-5 PM Pacific is out
face-to-face.