Subject: new OASIS TC mail lists

OASIS TC members:

The new OASIS technical committee process requires that each committee have
both a discussion mail list, where TC members carry on their work
discussions, as well as a comment list, where the public can make comments
about the work going on in the committee. As such I have created a comment
list for each committee which is configured so that anyone may send a
message to the list.

It would be convenient and simple to automatically subscribe all committee
members to thir comment list so that you can see these public comments, but
I am opposed to subscribing someone to a list without their knowledge or
permission, so have not done so. I would, however, request that at least the
committee chair subscribe to the list, as well as any members who may be
interested in public comments on the work of the committee.

I expect these comment lists to be very low volume, as this is a new concept
and outside of the OASIS membership. It is important for the OASIS process,
though, that the opportunity exist for non-members to comment on our work.
The OASIS process does not require that the TC respond to comments, only
that they be allowed and archived.

Both discussion and comment lists are publicly archived, in keeping with
OASIS' policy of open discussion.

The name of the comment list is the committee name followed by "-comment";
for example, the comment list for dsml is dsml-comment.

To subscribe to a new comment list, send a message to
<listname>-comment-request@lists.oasis-open.org, with the word "subscribe"
as the body of the message (e.g. dsml-comment-request@lists.oasis-open.org).

Another list that you should be interested in is tc-announce. This list will
be used for all announcements related to OASIS technical committees. By
subscribing to this list you will be included in calls for participation in
new TCs, notified when TCs have committee specifications out for review and
voting, and other related news. To subscribe to this new list please send an
email message to tc-announce-request@lists.oasis-open.org with the word
"subscribe" as the body of the message.

</karl>
Karl F. Best