Subject: RE: Positioning with UDDI (was RE: Tactical Proposal: Split V2 wo rk items into V2 and V3 (repost))

Message text written by "Munter, Joel D"

My point in bringing up the idea this way is to highlight that we probably
need to establish a separate sub-team, we should brainstorm various
interoperability alternatives, and do real work on this.

Joel<

Procedurally the only way we can do this right now is to define
our own system and then submit this to UDDI and ask them
if functionally they can implement their use cases using our
specifications.    Since this gives us instant alignment - the
appeal is obvious - but I probably just farted in church as
far as the politics are concerned.  Although if one thinks on
this logically from a pure technical stance - I'd bet this is
much closer to being attainable than not - since we already
know what UDDI needs anyway.  In fact the UDDI can be
viewed in many ways as an optional extension layer on top of the
ebXML base - and I think perhaps this was Farrukh's thinking
here...

DW.