Subject: New ebRS Section 8.2.9, Registry Filters

Regrep,

Earlier today I distributed proposals for revisions and enhancements to
RegistryEntryQuery and ClassificationNodeQuery.  Both of those proposals
assumed the existence of new methods in ebRIM and assumed the existence of
dynamic, non-persistent classes based on those methods, i.e. Path,
PathElement, and SlotElement.

I see no reason why ebRS cannot assume the existence of those classes,
provided that their derivation from methods in ebRIM is specified in ebRS.

Attached is a proposed extension of ebRS Section 8.2.9, Registry Filters,
that defines PathFilter, PathElementFilter, and SlotElementFilter based on
dynamic, non-persistent classes derived from getPath(), getPathDepth(),
getPathElements(), and getSlotValues() methods that may be included in
ebRIM. If those new methods are not approved for RIM, then the
corresponding query elements can be deleted from the query proposals I
distributed this morning.

-- Len

Len Gallagher                             LGallagher@nist.gov
NIST                                      Work: 301-975-3251
Bldg 820  Room 562                        Home: 301-424-1928
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970 USA           Fax: 301-948-6213

RS_RegistryFilters.pdf