Subject: [regrep] Query Team Revision of ebRS Section 8,"Query Management Service"

OASIS Registry TC,

As indicated below by Dan Chang, the Query team chair, I'm forwarding a
revision of Section 8, "Query Management Service", of ebRS v1.0 (27 June
2001) to the entire TC for voting for inclusion in the "frozen" ebRS
document to be the basis of our face-to-face meeting discussions Oct 31 -
Nov 2 in Menlo Park, CA.

Attached is a 34 page PDF document as the Proposal. NOTE: A vote to
"Approve" this proposal will result in several DEFAULT actions as indicated
in the document.

I'll distribute the source Word text to the Editor early next week.

Sincerely,
Len Gallagher

At 06:06 PM 10/10/01, Dan Chang wrote:
>Team,
>
>The result of the Call for Vote is as follows:
>    (1) YES: 2, NO: 2
>    (2) YES: 3, NO: 1
>    (3) YES: 4
>
>Therefore, the structure of Chapter 8 that we will forward to the TC for
>inclusion in RS 1.1 and for discussion at the F2F meeting is as follows:
>    8 Query Management Service (name change)
>       8.1 Ad Hoc Query Request/Response
>       8.2 Filter Query Support (Len's proposal)
>       8.3 SQL Query Support
>       8.4 (blank)
>       8.5 Content Retrieval
>       8.6 query And Retrieval: Typical Sequence
>(Len,  I would appreciate if you have pull the above together and send it
>to the editors. Thanks.)
>
>We have the following three open issues to be discussed at the F2F meeting:
>    (1) What needs to be added to 8.2 to cover any missing functions from
>the old "Browse and Drill Down Query Support"?
>    (2) ClassificationNode.getPath() and XpathNodeExpression proposals
>    (3) ClassificationNode.getPathElement() and PathElementFilter proposals
>
>Regards,  Dan
>
>Metadata Management Technology and Standard
>IBM DBTI for e-Business
>Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
>Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
>VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)