Subject: RE: [regrep] Query Proposal Vote

Disapprove.

I would like to see a statement of direction added, to the effect that W3C
XQuery, when it becomes an approved recommendation, would be an acceptable
alternative to Query Management Service. In other words, QMS is not required
for RS conformance if the RS support XQuery.

I realize XQuery is still a working draft and we may need to continue
developing QMS for now.  But I would like to clearly establish that there is
little long-term need for it.

Neal Smith
ChevronTexaco