Subject: RE: [regrep] Result of Query Ballot

Karl,

Do you agree that the vote count should be Invalid and not Disapprove and
therefore there should be a re-vote, as David and Scott have suggested?

The Query team, especially Len, has put in a lot of effort in developing
the Query Proposal. It is totally inappropriate to be disapproved by
non-votes. As David has indicated, one of those non-votes actually would
have been an Approve vote. Also, most seriously, as I have pointed out, the
existing Object Query Management Service chapter is outdated and incorrect
and cannot be included as is in V2.

Regards,  Dan

Metadata Management Technology and Standard
IBM DBTI for e-Business
Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)
Phone:    (408)-463-2319

                    "Karl F. Best"
                    <karl.best@oasis       To:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
                    -open.org>             cc:     Lisa Carnahan <lisa.carnahan@nist.gov>,
                                            regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
                    10/24/01 11:16         Subject:     RE: [regrep] Result of Query Ballot
                    AM

OK, there's some difference, but still the quorum is based on the people
who consistently participate. OASIS calls these consistently
participating people TC members, and OMG calls them some subset of TC
members.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations