Subject: Re: [regrep] Request for use of XML Schema

Strongly agree.
--------------------------
Neal Smith

-----Original Message-----
From: Munter, Joel D <joel.d.munter@intel.com>
To: Oasis Registry TC <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wed Oct 31 21:27:20 2001
Subject: [regrep] Request for use of XML Schema

I request that all V2 specification deliverables (RS and RIM documents) from
this team be based on XML Schema.  I further request that all proposals and
submissions for V2 specifications also be based on XML Schema.  I believe
that continuing to define DTDs is counterproductive.

If it is contrary, I would like to know Oasis's stated position regarding
this.  The previous excuse that XML Schema was not approved is no longer
valid.  the current approved Schema is defined by the namespace
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema".

Thanks,
Joel Munter
Intel / eBusiness Solutions Lab