Subject: Re: [regrep] V3 Proposal: Namespace Manager Function

David,

I am a big fan of Lego.

I believe that the content-based-query feature is the ultimate Lego example.

-A ContentIndexer is a web service that conforms to an interface defined by a
normative WSDL in a future spec.

-Custom ContentIndexers can be written that conform to that future spec

-A ContentIndexer is registered for each type of content by a submitter

-Whenever the registry receives content it checks to see if there is a
ContentIndexer registered for that type of content. If
so it invokes it.

-The ContentIndexer renders relevant (as decide by the indexer) information
from content
into classification data based on *existing RIM 2.0*

-Users can now perform *existing SQL and Filter queries* to discover content
based on the auto-idnexed metadata

-Joe's namespace problem is addressed by defining a required ContentIndexer for
indexing XML Schema and
instance documents using the (soon to be) *existing* content-based-queries.

I'd say that is playing pretty good Lego where content-based-queries build on
and generate *existing* Classifications and
Namespace Indexer builds on the (soon to be) *existing* content-based-queries.

If we dont use content-based-queries then *WHO* does the creation of the
classification and other metadata? Cant rely
on us humans to do this sort of thing, can we?

(BTW, Thanks for helping the CC folks understand how to leverage our existing
capabilities better. It is a worthy cause.)