Subject: [regrep] Re: Core Components Specifications

Cory Casanave wrote:
>  "Core components" are data components,...

Cory:

I agree 100% with the above statement.  I will disagree with any notion
that a core component is a program as stated by Sandy.

> we also need
> the behavioral components that realize the business roles that use these
> data components, these are already partially described in the BPSS - which
> can be represented in UML structural and behavioral semantics.

The behavioural aspects CAN be represented in UML - agreed! However,
this thread is about representations of core components, not how to
express behavioral aspects of Business Collaborations.  That is a useful
topic to discuss but I would like to ask that it not be discussed any
further in this thread.

I would like to dismiss Sandys' notions and agree with the statement of
both the ebXML Technical Architecture and the Core Components
Specification.  The latter states:

"Definition] Core Component (CC)
A building block for the creation of a semantically correct and
meaningful
information exchange ‘parcel’. It contains only the information pieces
necessary to describe a specific concept."

I think this nicely captures the declarative nature of core components.

Duane Nickull
--
CTO, XML Global Technologies