Subject: RE: [regrep] XQuery Support

Title: RE: [regrep] XQuery Support

Thanks David.

Does anyone have any other thoughts/views/suggestions that they'd like to contribute regarding this topic?

>   Joseph M. Chiusano
>   Logistics Management Institute
>   2000 Corporate Ridge
>   McLean, VA 22102
>   Email: jchiusano@lmi.org
>   Tel: 571.633.7722

From: David RR Webber - XMLGlobal [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 12:09 AM
To: CHIUSANO, Joseph
Cc: 'regrep@lists.oasis-open.org'

Message text written by "CHIUSANO, Joseph"

I'm hoping that we can start debating on the advantages/disadvantages of
introducing XQuery support into our architecture for V3.

Respectfully Yours,
Joe
<<<<<<<<<<<

Joe,

I can't be very objective here!  Since we already have the XQuery support
built-in to our Registry implementation as the underlying query engine this

is a no-brainer for us.

So - of course - Yes - this should be an option for V3 implementations.

Based on our enduser feedback on XQuery and our database - it is
overwhelmingly positive.  The XSLT folks aside - people coming to
XML from SQL find XQuery just what they need.  That community is
what XQuery is designed for and it appears to be doing an excellent
job.

Thanks, DW.