Subject: [regrep] Re: Core Components Specifications

Sandy,

Excellent.  That's why we're heading toward doing testbed's and
verification.

It is my belief that we have the right building blocks at the right
level of applicability and definition.  And that frankly
its not our job to solve the entire extended problem set for every
know and unknown issue out there.

That's where the vendors come in and add value for specific
domains.  What we give is a common platform between vendors,
and the ability for customers to get off-the-shelf functionality
at a reasonable price and with guaranteed capability.

DW.
Message text written by Sandy Klausner

David,
Let me be more clear.
Using simple mechanisms is a fundamental good design principle. The issues
that CC are tackling are inherently complex. Effective complexity
management
is accomplished by engineering many lightweight mechanisms together. I am
just concerned that the issues are like an iceberg, where the majority of
the required mechanisms remain unseen. Lightweight may get a hook onto the
iceberg, but can they really scale to enable towing into the warmer waters
of large scale deployment by small, medium, and large enterprises.
Sandy
<