OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

regrep message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: RE: [regrep] FW: OASIS ebXML TC meeting minutes: 3/7/2002

Kathryn, et al
Attached is a form that I created and have found useful for other spec comment/closure loop related efforts.  This simple Excel spreadsheet allows the comment to be captured, numbered, and addressed to a specific version, and statements about the comment to be captured.  It is then expected that the commenter review the disposition prior to the comment being "finally closed."  There are some example comments in the template.  I have posted it here for your reference and will do so on comment sub-team list once that is in full use.  There is no need for a complicated database related effort.  For those that do not support Excel, I can easily provide a PDF version of this.
-----Original Message-----
From: Breininger, Kathryn R [mailto:kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 11:15 AM
To: 'ebXML Regrep'
Subject: [regrep] FW: OASIS ebXML TC meeting minutes: 3/7/2002

Attached are minutes from the meeting. 
-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 6:31 AM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R
Subject: OASIS ebXML TC meeting minutes: 3/7/2002

Minutes of the OASIS/ebXML Registry Technical Committee Meeting
Conference Call - March 7

Kathryn Breininger, Boeing
Suresh Damodaran, Sterling Commerce
Anne Fischer, Drummond Group
Joel Munter, Intel
Farrukh Najmi, Sun Microsystems
Joel Neu, Vitria Technologies
Sanjay Patil, IONA
Nikola Stojanovic, Individual Member

1. Minute taker:

Anne was driving so she was skipped. Farrukh selected as minute taker.

2. Minutes from last meeting

Minutes from last meeting published by Lisa were approved by the team

3. Volunteer for Standards Registry project

Kathryn reminded team that Karl  is looking for a volunteer to join the Standards Registry Project.
The project aims to provide a consolidated view of information registered regarding a broad range of standards
activities. Kathryn suggested that it may be a very good fit for our already planned federated registry feature.
Question was asked by Farrukh whether we can assume that the information will be registered in an
ebXML Registry. Kathryn responded that we cannot make that assumption.

The team felt there was not enough known on what the project entails, what skill sets are needed and what
level of participation is expected.

Action Item: Kathryn to talk to Karl to find out project entails, what skill sets are needed and what
level of participation is expected.

4. Executive on-loan resources

Kathryn described the new OASIS Executive on loa program. Sanjay commented that it would be hard to find companies willing to do this level of participation in this economy. No further discussion.

5. Liaison duties in Barcelona

We talked about various needs and possibilities for liaising with other OASIS and UN/CEFACT TCs. IIC, CPP/A, BP and CC were discussed.

Action Item: Team please send Anne email if you have a need or proposal for a specific liaison activity at Barcelona with another TC.

6. ebXML Day in Barcelona, Spain (May 23) call for papers

Farrukh mentioned that the abstract for the main Conference he had submitted was not accepted.
It was suggested that Anne and Farrukh collaborate to propose one or more abstracts for the ebXML Day in Barcelona. The abstract and outlines are due by March 22.

Action Item: Anne and Farrukh to prepare abstract(s) for submission

7. Comment resolution

Team agreed to the comment resolution process defined in previous meeting. Kathryn mentioned that an alias for comment resolution team has been set and is called:


Joel suggested that all comments resolutions be notified to the person that submitted the comment in a public manner.

Farrukh suggested that all comments should be logged in a uniform manner as follows:

-Assigned a unique immutable issue number

-Have a clear description

-Indicate who submitted it

-Indicate when it was submitted

-Indicate current resolution status (resolved YES/NO)

-Indicate whether it is closed or not (closed YES/NO)

-Indicate how the issue was resolved

Farrukh suggested keeping the issues in an Access Database. Joel was not sure that was necessary. Kathryn said she would  find out if there is an official OASIS method for publishing comment resolution.

Action Item: Kathryn find out if there is an official method for publishing comments and resolutions. Farrukh will put together a log for comments.

8. Version 3 work items

Team did a first pass at assigning a priority to the work item list published by Neil. Items were assigned a priority of 1-3 where 1 is highest priority. We assigned a range of priorities if we were not sure. Some items were dropped from list.

Action Item: Farrukh to send list to Neil so he can consolidate with the master copy.

9. cc-review subteam report

 Kathryn summarized the telecon. No action.

10. Other subteam reports

Cooperating Registries - Joel mentioned posting of e-mail regarding construction of a tModel in UDDI based on the (RAWS) WSDL files and a recommended way to model this.

11. Other issues/items


12. Next meeting

Thursday March 21 st.  NEW TIME, half hour later  4:30 -  6:00 PM US Eastern



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC