Subject: RE: [regrep] Analysis for April 2002 Oasis ebRS and ebRIM V2 Vote

Title: RE: [regrep] Analysis for April 2002 Oasis ebRS and ebRIM V2 Vote

Joel,

I believe I can help to clarify some of the references you've made regarding Core Components, in particular p.6, section "ebXML Core Components (ebCC)".  As you know, our CC Review Subcommittee has been analyzing and discussing the CC Spec since January.  The mission of this Subcommittee is fourfold:

(1) Understand the expectations and requirements for ebXML Registry functionality defined in the Core Components Technical Specification;

(2) Where appropriate propose changes and additions to the ebXML Registry V3 specifications to meet the expectations and requirements defined in the Core Components Technical Specification;

(3) Help ensure that the Registry TC efforts are aligned with CC-related ebXML committee by serving liaison roles;
(4)Serve as a resource to the Registry TC in understanding the CC model and processes.

We have made and are continuing to make great progress in our analysis, and will have concrete information for the TC in the future regarding how the Registry architecture can accomodate Core Components.

Stay tuned - and if you have any questions on our efforts I would be happy to give you more details.