Subject: [regrep] Using IDREF for accessControlPolicy

Hi all!

I'm sorry for littering this honorable mailing list with my silly questions,
but I'm a bit confused about the schemas. Could someone tell me where I'm
wrong, please?

In particular I'm confused about using IDREF type for accessControlPolicy.
Assume a situation when I get an object with an accessControlPolicy attribute
that references another attribute of type ID which is not in the document.
The whole document becomes INVALID when logically it is valid.

Using IDREF in this case forces me, as an implementer, to choose either:
1. do not use any validation of registry responses
OR
2. always include a description of all referenced accessSecurityPolicies.

I would prefer neither of them! I'd like to be able to reference something
outside of the document and still use schema validation.

Regards,
Max Voskob

MSI Business Solutions:
Level 12, 67 Albert Ave
Chatswood NSW 2067

We are a One to One Business solutions and Consulting Company
that assists our clients to become Customer-Centric with
appropriately tailored strategies,services and enabling technologies.

Office Phone:	+61 2 94128333
Facsimile:		+61 2 94134275

Web Site:	http://www.msi.com.au/