Subject: [regrep] Registry Test Plan and Test Cases

Regrep Folks,

As most of you know, the National Institute of Standards and Technology
(NIST) has committed to developing a test plan and test requirements for
the ebXML Registry specification v2.0 that was adopted as an OASIS standard
in late May 2002.

Attached is a 24-page PDF document that gives the current status of that
commitment. You will notice that the document is NOT complete. But the
sections dealing with "Test setup and initialization" and "Structure
population" are nearing completion, so it is time for the Registry TC to
get a good look at what we've been up to. There are a number of XML
SubmitObjectsRequest elements, that if accepted by a test registry
implementation will result in population of many of the RIM structures. The
intended sections on "Maintenance testing", "Error handling", and "Query
testing" are still essentially empty.

Kathryn -- I'll attend the scheduled Registry teleconference tomorrow,
Thursday June 27. If you can find time on the agenda, I'd like to give a
short verbal introduction to the Test Plan and the proposed Test
Requirements. I can respond to questions too, if you have time for that.
Then we can set up a later time to discuss the document in greater detail.

The Test Plan and Test Requirements document is really just a shell that
gives a little background and structure to the intended test cases, which
are all stored in a public FTP directory maintained by NIST. The attached
PDF document has a very large number of active links to this FTP directory.
Hopefully, this will allow folks to read a few sentences about a test
requirement and then click a URL to see the actual XML test case. NIST is
open to having this directory move to OASIS space when and if that is
considered appropriate.

Just in case you have trouble with the links embedded in the PDF document,
the following FTP and HTTP URL's each resolve to the same location:

    ftp://xsun.sdct.itl.nist.gov/regrep/    NIST/SDCT Public FTP directory

    http://xsun.sdct.itl.nist.gov/regrep/   HTTP resolves to same location

Sincerely,
Len Gallagher

Len Gallagher                             LGallagher@nist.gov
NIST                                      Work: 301-975-3251
Bldg 820  Room 562                        Home: 301-424-1928
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970 USA           Fax: 301-948-6213