Subject: Re: [regrep] Minutes of today's meeting

I agree with Sally. Why are we even discussing a specific type of registry content? I know its _ebXML_ content, but still...

-Matt

On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 10:47 AM, Fuger, Sally wrote:

Maybe I'm just confused and not following this discussion accurately, but once again, I fear we are confusing registry content with the data registered. Core Components and UBL vocabulary items, if someone chooses to register them, fall into the latter category. Only their metadata goes in the registry. Tell me if I've got it all backwards.

Sally

-----Original Message-----
From: CHIUSANO, Joseph [mailto:JCHIUSANO@lmi.org]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 1:45 PM
To: 'David RR Webber - XMLGlobal'; CHIUSANO, Joseph
Cc: ebXML Regrep (E-mail); 'Nikola'

David,

Thanks for your thoughts - I always appreciate and value your insight.

I wonder if the requirements of the 2 representations of "Organization" are vastly different, due to their purposes.  For a vocabulary such as UBL, there may be a need to identify an Organization to a finer level of detail then a registry.  A registry may require only very high-level information (as our RIM does, with Address, Parent, Primary Contact, and Phone #'s), while in a transactional environment it may be required to exchange more detailed Organizational information between parties (such as the countries in whicih the organization does business, etc.).

Because of its purpose, the CIQ information is (as you know) very fine-grained.  I would not imagine that in a registry, one would want/need to include such fine-grained name and address information (it might be overkill).