Subject: Re: [regrep] Content-based discovery proposal version 0.2

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks again for sharing the Boeing example.

The ebXML Registry specs require that ExternalLink URLs be resolvable and that the registry validate this to be true during submision of the content. I tend to agree with Nikola that ExternalLink would be a good mapping for "asset URL" and "Information URL".

"Berry, Nicholas F" wrote:

Actually, the "asset URL" is simply a local link to the repository, as your preference suggests.  However, in cases where a Domain wishes to place security on a particular item, it may exist in a repository external to ours, but internal to the enterprise, so that its existence may be relied upon.
-----Original Message-----
From: Nikola [mailto:nikola.stojanovic@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 5:11 PM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

<Nicholas Berry>The "Asset URL" is the download link to the DTD itself.</Nicholas Berry> Haven't reviewed the document yet, but I assume that "Asset URL" would translate to "External Link". However, I think that it would be better if "DTD itself" is "stored" in the ebXML repository and accessed, managed, ... as such, instead of being downloaded. Nikola