Subject: RE: [regrep] Please Review: ebXML Registry Overview presentation

With an eye toward your TC's upcoming presentation at the OPEN Forum for
Metadata Registries in Jan 2003, I would like to point out that one of the
key drivers for the conference is found within the opening paragraph of
their "Call for Participation:"
	You are invited to participate in the Sixth International Open Forum

	on Metadata Registries, to be held January 20-24, 2003 in Santa Fe,
	New Mexico, USA. Forum participants will explore the capabilities,
	uses, content, development, and operation of registries and related
	technologies, with special emphasis on management of data semantics.

	The forum brings together standards developers, software developers
	and practitioners with a goal of introducing various registries,
	showing how they are used, and describing the related standards. A
	major topic will be cooperation between the registries to manage
	semantics. The Open Forum (www.metadata-standards.org/OpenForum2003)

	will present standards, tutorials, and practical experience about
the
	following technologies:

The key phrase that I choose to comment on is:
	"...A major topic will be cooperation between the registries to
manage
	semantics..."
There are several general statements made within the presentation regarding
this type of cooperation between disparate but I do not see any specific
examples of how the ebXML registries can and are beginning to cooperate with
other registries.

Some statements regarding schedule may be appropriate as well.  For
instance, it may be useful to speculate on the following: when will the V3
spec set be ready for TC vote, when will it go to public review, what edit
cycles are expected, and what is the proposed date for V3 as a standard.

Joel