Subject: RE: [regrep] Implementing CCTS in Registry - further thoughts

However, Farrukh, HL7, OGC, OAG, etc. are not an integral part of ebXML - CCTS is. We might consider that intrinsic support of ebXML initiatives is different from intrinsic support of others.

Sally

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:farrukh.najmi@sun.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 2:16 PM
To: Chiusano Joseph
Cc: David RR Webber - XML ebusiness; OASIS Registry List

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>[Greetings from Snow-Pummeled Washington D.C.!]
>
>It appears to me that we could have 3 separate "specs" (using term
>loosely) growing out of the CC spec:
>
>(1) ebXML Registry Representation of Core Components (and their
>associated entities)
>(2) Context/Assembly
>(3) XML Serialization
>
>It also seems that (1) would be done within our TC (the CC Review
>subcommittee), but (2) and (3) might be done elsewhere (another TC or
>within another existing TC).
>
>Does that sound correct?

Hi Joe,

While I support the good work of CCTS 100%, I feel strongly that our TC
should not be specifying the binding of any Domain specific model (e.g.
CC) to ebXML Registry representation. That should be the job of the
Domain specific TC (e.g. CCTS).
The CC Review subcommittee should offer its services to act in a
consulting role to the CCTS team but must not be the owner of such a
specification.

The simple criteria I would propose for making such decisions is to
replace CC with Foo where Foo is some domain specific model (e.g. Health
Level 7, OGC, OAG etc.) and ask the question what would we do in that
situation.

Would we have the HL7 or OGC binding to ebXML Registry be owned and
defined a an ebXML Registry TC subcommittee? I should hope not. So why
would we need to have an ebXMl Registry TC own / define the mapping for CC?