Subject: Re: [regrep] Implementing CCTS in Registry - further thoughts

Dave,

I also see that while the registry implementations today
have done a good job providing class libraries that
match the specifications - they are just that - and the
end user screens and functionality are poorly
developed.

Fact is these end user aspects were deliberately
omitted from the spec's as that is the "value add"
we expect vendors to provide.

Unfortunately the result has been that vendors
have focused on implementing the spec's at
the expense of providing rich user environments.

As I said before - I expect the situation to improve
in 2003 as end users press the vendors to provide
forms and functionality built on the underlying
RIM capabilities.

All this team can do is write the spec's - they
can;t write the vendors products for them too ; -)

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by Farrukh Najmi
>Hi Dave,

There are many misunderstandings about the nature of our generic API and
information model. In fact we pointed out many such misunderstanding
within the report you cite with Christina Portillo.
<