Subject: Re: [regrep] Summary: Implementing CCTS in Registry

David RR Webber - XML ebusiness wrote:

>My 2 cents is that CC registration/discovery includes
>assembly - unless you duck the BIE part of the spec' and
>do only atomic core components for now, or simply state
>that people provide their own assembly mechanism(s),
>and mention some of the options they have to achieve
>that:  schema / xslt / CAM / other scripts (Perl, JavaScript, et al).

Indeed CC registration/discovery may well include assembly from the
perspective of the component assembler / author.

However, we are the ebXML Registry TC and from the registry's
perspective, I believe that primitive components (for the assembly
process) and the assembled components can be registered/discovered in
registry based on current speced features.

In other words unless someone defines specific use case(s) where
registry must address a CAM requirement and does not do so currently, I
will assume that we can and should keep assembly out of scope.