Subject: Re: [regrep] Summary: Implementing CCTS in Registry

<Excerpt>
If we are talking about interoperability of CC then that is
out-of-scope for this TC IMO.
</Excerpt>

Strong and respectfully disagree.  The CCTS Team (as we are all under
the same "ebXML" umbrella) is looking to us to ensure that multiple
registries that interact by querying Core Components, copying Core
Components, etc. can do so in a uniform and well-defined manner.  I
believe this is critical for future adoption of our specifications.
This involves not only the representation of metadata within the
registry (extrinsic or intrinsic - we are leaning toward extrinsic), but
also the serialization format (see below).

<Excerpt>
Why is CC serialization our problem, anymore than BPSS, CPA or Foo
serialization?
Serialization of anything but RIM types is absolutely out-of-scope for
us.
</Excerpt>

Also strongly and respectfully disagree.  It's not that it's our
"problem" - but that there are dependencies between the serialization
format and the registry metadata (as I noted in a recent posting).  I
agree that it probably is not our (the Registry TC) purview, but we
should be working closely with whoever defines this.  And it would
definitely be out of scope for the CCTS Team.

- Joe