Subject: Re: [regrep] UDDI <> ebXML Reg use case

Farrukh,

Just an FYI - superiority comes in many flavours - most of
them subjective ; -)

The best work I've seen so far in this area is that done by BAH
for GSA where they used balanced score cards to assign
specifics to evaluate the technology and deployment
approaches available for registry.

That work is government proprietary to that client at this
point - (and should be of course since when you do a
balanced scorecard it reflects the requirements, focus
and priorities of that client - not a general audience) -
but hopefully some presentation materials will be
available for general use soon too.

I can also refer everyone to Alan Kotok's article on
the MetaData conference in Santa Fe - where the
presenter on UDDI talked about storing and using
ebXML artifacts with UDDI.   So the walls are coming
down - and that is very encouraging - and certainly
one vendor is mentioned in Alan's piece as providing
UDDI access from an ebXML registry.

What was I saying? - oh yes - "superiority" usually comes
with the disclaimer  "your mileage may vary" ; -)

Cheers, DW.

p.s. On the topic of superiority - check out the
        Weapons of Mass Destruction website: http://www.womd.info/

  Hint:  Look closely at what is returned.
Message text written by Farrukh Najmi
>> I'm working with web services (using C++, C#, .NET, Perl, etc), but
> my client decided to use ebXML registry due to its superiority.

The very reason why your "client decided to use ebXML registry due to
its superiority" is because of the power and flexibility of the ebXML
Registry API. They would not have the same power and flexibility with a
UDDI API. If they could then they would just use UDDI.
<