Subject: Re: [regrep] FW: Namespace management

Joe,

Of course.  Suppliers to Walmart probably have their own
varients - and so you need access to those - either as a
webservice, or a registry reference.  You can add as many
alias references as you need.

However - in the bigger scheme of things - I'm not saying
that we scrap namespaces.   Indeed the CAM approach
requires namespaces itself for its use of in-line embedded
directives.

What we need to do is capture those usages for people,
and provide them discovery, et al.  We can do that thru
an extrinsic content approach - just like we can do already for
business process catalogues, etc.

If we formalize that structure in the addendum as non-normative,
we (sigh!) have to do that work of course - and collect and
decide on the datapoints that you need to know about a
namespace declaration - but that should be the limit of the
effort needed.

I was suggesting the CAM header is a good start of some
basic semantics you need to know about a namespace,
add to that keywords=" " to help discovery and searching,
and you are probably pretty close.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by "Chiusano Joseph"

But what if those Walmart extensions are distributed among multiple
registries (with no duplicates)?

Also, this is all very good but does it change the fact that people will
want to use our Registry for namespaces? I believe we should accomodate
what's out there, and also emerging standards.
<