Subject: Re: [regrep] Core Components and XML Serialization - Which Approach?

Joseph:

Matt MacKenzie, David Webber and I implemented this stuff 2 years ago
and out that each has merits.  The problem you have identified is that
once a CC or BIE is copied, serialized and transmitted to a remote
location, it looses its' RIM metadata (context).  That includes
classifications, associations etc.  Therefore,  if CC's and BIE's are to
be stored in a registry, users need to either copy the appropirate RIM
data with it, or duplicate the RIM data in the Registry Objects itself
(an un-elegant solution IMHO).

IN the Wrox book 'Professonal ebXML Foundations" a chapter was written
identifying this problem and a solution.  I still believe the solution
lies somewhere ins a hybrid approach.  This could involve wrapping the
actual Registry Object with a RIM Metadata envelope before it is
serlialized and transmitted.

Duane Nickull

--
VP Strategic Relations,