Subject: No Subject

7.8 Adding a Node to a Registry Using Replication

The following steps MAY be used to add a node to a registry that uses
UDDI V3 replication.  A registry policy may be defined for the addition
of a node and the policy MAY define a different or more detailed process
than the following process

1. Add the new node to the Replication Configuration Structure with the
operatorStatus value set to “new”.  If a communicationGraph is used in
the registry’s replication Configuration Structure, one or more edges
MUST be added so the new node may call the get_changeRecords API.

2. Administrators of the existing nodes are notified of the update. They
each retrieve and process the new information in the configuration file
in order to add the new node as one of the parties with which their
implementations are willing to authenticate and communicate. To verify
the ability to communicate, each node pair within the current UDDI
registry SHALL successfully exchange the do_ping message.

3. Once all existing nodes within the registry have verified the ability
to successfully communicate with the new node, the configuration file is
changed a second time to add appropriate edges to the communicationGraph
in order to introduce the new node into the active replication graph.
The messages allowed between the new node and its primary may be
restricted to allow for startup processing.  Replication then proceeds
to provide change records to the new node which establish in it a
current image of the registry

4. The new node MUST issue a get_changeRecords API call to an existing
node and SHOULD process all available changeRecord elements.  As nodes
MAY limit the number of changeRecord elements in a response, processing
all available changeRecord elements MAY require several
get_changeRecords API calls.

5. When the new node has completed processing of the change history and
is ready to engage in all UDDI registry activities, the operatorStatus
value, within the Replication Configuration Structure, WILL be updated
from “new” to “normal” and any message restriction that may have been
imposed earlier may be removed. The updated replicationConfiguration
will be distributed to the nodes defined within the communicationGraph
via replication.

"Munter, Joel D" wrote:

> This reads a lot like UDDI Replication...
>
> Joel Munter, Intel
> desk: 480.552.3076

--Boundary_(ID_s8TvgvjMVAA4ygXDmbahKw)

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano
end:vcard

--Boundary_(ID_s8TvgvjMVAA4ygXDmbahKw)--