Subject: RE: [regrep] Meeting reminder and agenda

I'm using namespace in the sense of an area for managing registered objects, not the technical namespace.  So don't look for a technical representation of "namespace". If that's still confusing just ignore it, because it's not the core issue.

The point is that UDDI would like to to know whether their language properly represents language from the ebXML specifications.  Now, the owning ebXML TCs can and should make that analysis to ensure the intenet of their specifications is acurately reflected.  But I thought (hoped) that there has been some coordination on common language between ebXML Reg/Rep and the other ebXML specification that we could still provide a set of eyes to consider that part of the UDDI request.  Such an exercise would help insure that our own specification properly aligns in language used by the other TCs.  I'm not talking about using the same glossary (though I think that should be the case IMHO.)  Rather, think about how we have rolled in ebMS and ebXML CPPA and see if we are all being consistant.  Does that make sense?  Seem worth while?

Thanks,

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:44 AM
To: MACIAS, Paul
Cc: Breininger Kathryn R; ebXML Regrep (E-mail)

Thanks - please see below.

<Quote>
The UDDI TC would like ebXML community validate,
  1) the naming conventions used to identify the ebXML namespace aligns
with ebXML conventions, and
  2) the URLs in the overviewURL elements are correct.
</Quote>

Regarding (1) - Still unclear what you mean. There is no mention of
namespace in this entire document. Also what are "ebXML conventions" for
namespaces? None exist as far as I know.

Regarding (2) - Can't this simply be done by verifying the URL in a
browser (i.e. anyone can do this)? Perhaps the UDDI folks mean something
else?

If it would help, perhaps you can have an additional UDDI TC member
clarify this request for us so we don't keep going around in circles.
Don't mean to be harsh, just that business is business.

Joe