Subject: Re: [regrep] Technical Note: Registering Web Services in an ebXML Registry

Peter,

Thank you for your comments - I definitely understand where you are
coming from.

Since this quote was taken directly from the ebRIM spec v2.10 (the most
recent version has it as well), I would recommend that we keep the two
documents in sync. That is:

(1) Update the document we are voting on and the ebRIM spec, or
(2) Update neither

Kind Regards,
Joe

Peter Kacandes wrote:

> I realize this comment is a bit a late, but I guess better late than never.
>
> In the first paragraph it says:
> "Such information is used to facilitate ebXML-based Business to Business
> (B2B) partnerships and transactions."
>
> I think this sentence is unneccessarily restrictive. As the following
> sentence goes on to say, the registered content can basically be anything.
>
> In my own case, the government agencies that we are working with are looking
> at using the REg/Rep to store PDF documents and form templates which would
> be used both internally by people in the government who are designing eGov
> processes and by constituents who want to transact business with the
> government via the forms.
>
> These transactions aren't particularly "ebXML-based" per se, and they are
> not B2B, but rather G2C, G2G, and G2B.
>
> Like I said, it may be a nit, but we might not want to restrict ourselves.
>
> cheers
>
> pk

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano