Subject: RE: [regrep] Booz Allen Hamilton paper online

I think the article implicitly acknowledges your observation, as the very first item under the "Interoperability Between Registries" in the article is titled :- "Using UDDI to find ebXML Registry/Repository".

In addition, the article is also bringing forth the "possibility" (aptly under  a section - "Additional Possibilities") that an ebXML registry can be used for discovering a UDDI Registry. I do not think it is very confusing to think of this possibility. Imagine a scenario where there are just so many publicly maintained and ubiquitous UDDI Registries out there that an organization may have to depend upon its internal ebXML Registry for browsing the many and possibly picking one amongst them. On the other hand, I think the reasons are clear about why the organization may be using ebXML Registry for its internal usage.

These are just my personal 2 cents.

Sanjay Patil
Distinguished Engineer
sanjay.patil@iona.com
IONA Technologies
2350 Mission College Blvd. Suite 650
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: (408) 350 9619
Fax: (408) 350 9501
Making Software Work Together TM

-----Original Message-----
From: Munter, Joel D [mailto:joel.d.munter@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 8:02 AM
To: Chiusano Joseph; kclee@ce.cnu.ac.kr
Cc: ebXML Regrep (E-mail)

I guess that I am now a little confused.  As ebXML Registries (to-date)
have never been maintained and advertised as much and as ubiquitous as
the (public) UDDI Business Registry (i.e., UBR), I agree with the way
that Joe had it written originally.  I see the ability to discover ebXML
Registries by "browsing" through the UBR as much more common than the
discovery of UDDI Registries from within an ebXML Registry.

Joel Munter, Intel
desk: 480.552.3076