Subject: RE: [regrep] "ebXML Registry and Web services" Federal Pilot

About the pilot project - it would probably be best to try to use an open source implementation.  As a Standards TC, we have to be very careful about not appearing to endorse a particular vendor product.

Kathryn

-----Original Message-----
From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 7:02 AM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

All,

I am a very active participant in the Federal CIO Council's XML Web
Services Working Group [1]. One of the purposes of this Working Gorup is
to produce pilot projects in support of the e-Gov Initiatives that use
XML Web Services. The Working Group is always looking for more ideas for
pilot projects.

I would like to suggest as an "ebXML Registry and Web services" pilot
project, and would like the TC's feedback on the idea. I believe we (or
the Working Group chair) would need to enlist a vendor who has an ebXML
Registry product that can support the pilot. Use of the SourceForge
project may also be an option.

I believe that a pilot such as this can help raise awareness of the use
of Web services with ebXML Registry in the federal realm. If there is
sufficient interest I can also run it by the OASIS E-Gov TC for their
feedback, as we (the OASIS E-Gov TC) have been having a very lively
discussion on the use of XML Registries in the federal government.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

[1] http://web-services.gov/

[2] PURPOSE:
"The purpose of this new WG is to support the Emerging Technology
Subcommittee of the CIOC/AIC in its work with the other two
subcommittees (Enterprise Architecture Governance and Components) and to
produce incubator pilot projects in support of the e-Gov Initiatives
that use XML Web Services to demonstrate increased accessibility and
interoperability (Brainstorming Session, Charter, Activities Reports 1,
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and Emerging Technology Subcommittee 1, 2, 3, 4,
5, 6, 7, 8 and CIO Council Reports 1)."