Subject: Re: [regrep] "ebXML Registry and Web services" Federal Pilot

<Quote>
On Monday we participated in a Web Services demo for that group and
demonstrated the use of the ebXMLrr with PDF/XML documents for the
eGrants schema and using SOAP to connect to Web Services.

The demo received a very positive response and we have received multiple
requests for further presentations of the demo with other agencies.
</Quote>

I second Peter's sentiments. I was present at the meeting yesterday - it
was an "Assessment of Readiness of XML Web Services for E-Gov
Initiatives" - and was highly impressed by Adobe's presentation of
e-forms and ebXML Registry. The basic intent of the meeting was a
"checkpoint" with a select audience (it was invitation-only) of the
current/future state of Web services within the federal government. In
addition to some great demo's, we also had some great discussions.

Joe

Peter Kacandes wrote:

> I would very much second the idea of the pilot and particularly a
> demonstration of federation between multiple registries.
>
> On Monday we participated in a Web Services demo for that group and
> demonstrated the use of the ebXMLrr with PDF/XML documents for the eGrants
> schema and using SOAP to connect to Web Services.
>
> The demo received a very positive response and we have received multiple
> requests for further presentations of the demo with other agencies.
>
> Going forward we would be happy to work with others to demonstrate more
> advanced use of the registry such as federation etc.
>
> cheers
>
> pk

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano