Subject: [Fwd: [regrep] AIIM and ebXML Registry]

Registry TC,

Here is a quick update on the outcome of my meeting with AIIM this
morning:

- I presented some definite synergies between Document Management
systems and an ebXML Registry; for example, it would be very
advantageous for an electronic document (such as an e-form) to be stored
and managed within the same registry (meaning registry standard, not
necessarily the same exact registry implementation). This would allow
(for example) a document to be associated with its XML artifacts (such
as a schema, DTD, stylesheet, etc.).

- I encouraged AIIM to encourage its member vendors to join our TC
(Adobe is already represented here). AIIM is not currently an OASIS
member but will be investigating the possibility of joining.

- AIIM feels that they should encourage their member vendors to learn
more about the ebXML Registry standard.

- I most likely will author a document in the future for the AIIM
magazine on use of an ebXML Registry with Enterprise Content Management
(ECM).

Thanks,
Joe

Registry TC,

I have been asked to meet with a representative of AIIM (The Association
for Information and Image Management [1]) on the possibility of AIIM
asking its members to make their content management applications
compliant with the ebXML Registry specifications. I plan to meet with
AIIM next week to tell them more about our specifications and help them
understand where potential synergies may lie.

Please let me know by the end of Monday, 6/23 if there are any specific
questions you'd like me to ask, or specific aspects of our registry
specifications you would like me to highlight (beyond those of my
discretion). More information on AIIM is included below.

Thanks,
Joe

>From "About AIIM":

"AIIM International is the industry’s leading global organization. We
believe that at the center of an effective business infrastructure in
the digital age is the ability to capture, manage, store, preserve and
deliver enterprise content to support business processes. The requisite
technologies to establish this infrastructure are an extension of AIIM's
core document and content technologies. These Enterprise Content
Management (ECM) technologies are key enablers of e-Business and
include: Content/Document Management, Business Process Management,
Enterprise Portals, Knowledge Management, Image Management, Data
Warehousing, and Data Mining. Our focus over the next 3-5 years will be
helping our members - both users and suppliers – make this e-Business
transition."

[1] http://www.aiim.org
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano