Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Registry and Workflow

Peter:

Good, tough questions to pose. We need to be able to answer these head
on. There is a lot of good info from the ISO/IEC 11179 that can be used
to answer these questions.

We could always state the obvious "Becuase we never invented it here"

;-)

Just kidding - no flames please.

Duane

Peter Kacandes wrote:
> Well, this is a question I get within Adobe when I talk about reg/rep.
>
> Why should I use it (reg/rep) instead of the CMS that I already have?
>
> We need good answers for that since CMS is already a very established
> category.
>
> The other question I get is why shouldn't they just use a database?
>
> Below is a directly quoted excerpt of the types of questions I get. It would
> be very useful to have very crisp answers to these types of inquiries:
>
> "What are adjacent or competing solutions and what subset of problems is the
> ebXML registry best suited to?  Does this double as a DM/CM repository? Is
> it really a smarter 2nd generation repository?  How does this compete, if at
> all, with solutions offered by ECM or DAM vendors? Why and when use this
> rather than a database?  For what types of problems is it the best solution,
> and for which is it less optimal? Why?"
>

> cheers
>
> pk

Yellow Dragon Software Corp. - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Service Oriented Architectures - ebXML, Web Services, Registry, SOAP
Project Team lead - United Nations CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
+1 (604) 738-1051