Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Registry and Workflow

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Peter,
>
><Quote>
>Why should I use it (reg/rep) instead of the CMS that I already have?
>
>We need good answers for that since CMS is already a very established
>category.
></Quote>
>
>That is an excellent question - and I have the answer. With XML so
>ubiquitous now, there are distinct advantages of registering and
>maintaining your documents (such as Adobe PDFs) and their related XML
>artifacts (such as XML Schemas and stylesheets - and possibly XML
>instances) all in the same "type" of registry (i.e. the same standard,
>not necessarily the same exact registry instance). Furthermore, once we
>add more granular capabilities to our registry architecture through Core
>Components and the upcoming Elements/Attributes/Datatypes/Namespaces
>registration and maintenance capabilities, the advantages will multiply.
>
>These are things I will be emphasizing in my future article for the AIIM
>magazine, on the synergies between ECM and ebXML Registry.

+1

There are really no CM standards AFAIK. ebXML Registry may actually be
the first CM standard. Someone please confirm or deny.

There is tremendous value to doing standards-based distributed, secure,
CM over the web. The world we live in is increasingly inter-related. By
having every one do CM using the same standard means that their content
can link with every one else and do so securely. This is very much
consistent with the basic principals of the web.