Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Registry and Workflow

Anne Thomas Manes wrote:

>So compare ebXML repository with Interwoven....

Having thought about your points some more I now realize that the only
reason to compare a Content Management standard such as ebXML Registry
with a Content Management product such as Interwoven is to understand
the requirements that should be suported by the standard and to make
good decisions about how to make it attractive for the product(s) to
support that standard.

It would be wrong for a standard such as ebXML Registry to compete with
a product such as Interwoven. Product are inherently different from
standards. It would be more appropriate to compare ebxmlrr or Yellow
Dragon Software to Interwoven (compare implementations not products and
standards).

Products have many features that standars should never touch. Standards
should focus on interoperability via APIs, SPIs, schema etc.

>The fact that ebXML regrep is a standard isn't relevent until there are a
>host of tools and services available that support the standard. There are
>lots of tools that support SQL and XPath. There will be lots of tools that
>support XQuery. Will there be lots of tools based on ebXML regrep? That is
>the question.

I can see your point. We need to figure out how to make it compelling
for Content Management products like interwoven to support ebXML
Registry standard. Here are some ways I can see us doing that:

-Create customer demand for the standard by providng compelling features
in the standard. Version 2.5 is a good example of that.

-Make ebXML implementations competitive CM product offerings.

What are some other things we could be doing?