Subject: Re: [regrep] UDDI as the registry for ebXML components: Typo?

Paul:

This lines and protocols for cumminication are getting blurry.  I can
definately bring this to the ebXML JCC and the WSAG and these groups
have ties to their constituents.

The community needs a good position paper to show how ebXML relates to
WS* and that they do interoperate together very well.  The paper should
also describe how WS* and ebXML have positioned themselves as SOA's for
certain requirements.  Anne's recent email sums up the start of this
fairly nicely (ebXML is a specialization of WS for eBusiness).

It is important to remember how closely linked these two worlds are:

1. ebXML Registry uses WSDL + SOAP for access
2. ebXML MS is an extension of SOAP.
3. WSDL is unilateral Trading Partner Agreement (as is CPP), CPA is
bilateral (neeed for eBusiness).
4. BPSS, BPEL, BPML, WSCI etc. - let's *really* think about what we're
all trying to do here and make one spec that works really well with WS
or ebXML components.
5. UN/CEFACT Business Collaboration Framework (UMM, UML) really a good
idea for all.
6. ebXML TA v1.04 and WS Architecture are really smaller subsets of the
UN/CEFACT eBusiness Archtiecture (Service Oriented Architecture that is
abstract of an implementation scenario).
7. Event-driven, Service Oriented, Registry Centric for all...

etc.

Duane Nickull

MACIAS, Paul wrote:

>Duane,
>
>Sorry.  Didn't know that.  Probably should have gone to you back in April after trying the TCs directly.  Out of curiosity and future reference, is there an official channel for routing things like this document, or should other OASIS TCs route things directly to the ebXML TCs?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul

Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Web Services & ebXML Messaging / Registry Downloads
Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
Phone:   +1 (604) 738-1051 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time
Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329