Subject: RE: [regrep] [Q] SIP (Session Initiation Protocal) enabled ebXML Registries

Duane,

In the past, I have proposed ebXML Registries to handle US Government
508 issues and call center SIP-based IM (Instant Message) distribution.
These types of applications seem most appropriate for network
appliances.

Zachary Alexander
The IT Investment Architect
ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325
http://www.ebTDesign.com
http://www.p2pspeaker.com
http://www.p2peconomy.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Nickull [mailto:duane@yellowdragonsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 1:06 PM
To: zack2003
Cc: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [regrep] [Q] SIP (Session Initiation Protocal) enabled
ebXML Registries

Registry services are only offered via the RSS which describes a few
bindings and service variants (nothing new to any of us).  My
understanding is that the SIP has two common interpratations - one is
for session management and the other is a mechanism that can choose
alternate protocols for registry communication/binding.

ebXML RSS allows for other, non-mandatory protocols in addition to the
existing RSS mandated essentials.  It is conceivable that the US
Governments' Section 508 may require a Registry software to implement
VoiceXML over top of its core functionality of RSS protocols.

We (Yellow Dragon Registry) have architected our registry to keep the
interfaces separate from the core Registry in order to both facilitate
future expansion of protocols or interfaces as well as to remove any
dependency on current specifications from the core Registry Server.

I would advocate however, that anyone wishing to implement such an
interface, do so by keeping it totally on the Registry Client side.  A
Registry Client can be built that facilitates multiple user interfaces
or perhaps even other programmatic interfaces, but uses the RSS as the
core communication with the Registry server.

Does this make sense?  Farrukh?

Duane Nickull
--
Yellow Dragon Software Corp. - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Service Oriented Architectures - ebXML, Web Services, Registry, SOAP
zack2003 wrote:
> All,
>

> Has anyone ever talked about adding a SIP (Session Initiation
Protocol)