Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML Schema?]

Farrukh/Joseph:

I would believe the correct approach would be to do one of the follwoing:

1. Place only schema fragments into the registry in the first place.
 This maximizes re-use of data elements amoung multiple schemas.  Each
schema fragment is a separate registry object and can be individually
retrieved, then aggregated outside of the registry into a schema.  This
is the CC and BIE approach and I was about to put UBL into the Registry
in this manner.  Each Daa Element is a registry obejct.

Problems occur with respect to cardinality rules and context.  Is
"Address" the same within the context of a mapping source if it occurs
within a heirarchic context of //PO/ShipperParty than when it occurs in
//PO/BuyerParty? I think not..

2. Allow participants to retrieve the entire schema then work on it
externally.  It is easy towrite code to do this outsideofthe registry.

I would be concerned about continually adding many new features. I would
not want the registry to become a Swiss Army Knife for integration.  It
has a scope in the architecture as a registry/repository to support
other applications/processes.

Duane