Subject: Collaboration Collections (Was Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML Schema?])

<Quote>
Imagine further that the assembly instructions could handle not just
compostion of XML documents (design center) but also
</Quote>

dynamic composition of Web Services descriptions for a "collaboration
collection" of Web Services (i.e. a set of Web Services descriptions
that represents a multi-Web-Service collaboration between partners, not
just a single-Web-Service point-to-point collaboration).

One step further: Suppose in a collaboration, multiple registries are
searched to find the "best" (whatever criteria are used) representation
of a particular Web service for that collaboration (for example, the
"best" weather service). So not all of the information about the
collaboration is known/negotiated beforehand. Suppose further that - as
a result of that collboration, a trading partner wishes to save a
"snapshot" of the collaboration, by registering any Web services that
were dynamically discovered (i.e. in different registries) during that
collaboration.

That's where my thoughts end...if anyone would like to pick up from
there, please feel free...

Joe

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>
> > I too have been thinking about this concept under the title of
> > supporting "Dynamic Content Assembly" of any type of content within
> > the registry with focus on XML content of course. David Webber and I
> > plan to speak on this concept today or tomorrow to discuss this in
> > context of his experience in OASIS CAM. This idea of server side
> > "Dynamic Content Assembly" is an essential feature for Enterprise
> > Content Management (ECM). I think it is much more interesting to
> > support this as a capability within the registry than as a feature
> > outside the registry within registry client.
>
> To elaborate a little further....
>
> Today a client may query the registry for a static document based upon a
> specified sleection criterea within the query.
>
> Imagine that in future a query can specify a document containing
> assembly instructions. The registry in response assembles the "virtual"
> document on the fly based upon the constituent "parts" specified in the
> assembly instructions. The "virtual" document is returned to the client
> as if it were a static physical document.
>
> Imagine further that the assembly instructions could handle not just
> compostion of XML documents (design center) but also document
> composition from relational databases and other EIS such as SAP,
> PeopleSoft etc. Each data source could be supported using a pluggable
> architecture similar to Content Management Services in version 2.5.
>
> All of above could be done in an interoperable, secure
> distributed/federated environement enable already by V3 features.
>
> This vision seems to me to be a pretty compelling value to the IT
> industry and makes ebXML Registry Standard support an important Content
> Management requirement.
>
> Above is the reason why I think this is not a "kitchen sink" feature but
> a vitally important missing feature from our specs at the moment - one
> that we should address in version 4 as a priority.
>
> I look forward to our discussing this topic next week and over email.
>
> --
> Farrukh
>
> You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.php
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano