Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML Schema?]

<Quote>
When designing a PDF/XML form, the designer would search the registry
for various fragments
</Quote>

Please define a "fragment" in terms of both XML and an electronic form.

Joe

Peter Kacandes wrote:

> This type of thing was a core aspect of the demo that we did for the gov't
> folks.
>
> When designing a PDF/XML form, the designer would search the registry for
> various fragments that might be applicable to the particular form they are
> designing.
>
> These fragments would then be downloaded to the local machine where the
> designer would import them into the tool where they would then be bound to
> particular form fields.
>
> Of course, it would be way cooler if the registry could be searched directly
> from the tool, but I'm working on that.
>
> For a concrete example, let's say the gov't designed a fragments for and
> organization name and DUNS numbers with an associated web service that would
> go out and get the DUNS number for a name when it was typed into the name
> field.
>
> There are many gov't forms across different agencies that might use the DUNS
> fragment and web service. A designer who has been tasked with automating a
> particular form could go through and search the registry for any fragments
> that match fields on the particular form they are automating.
>
> hth
>
> cheers
>
> pk

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano